Tuesday 1 January 2013

Hillforts and Headaches 1st January 2013, 3 miles, 1020'

Had a grand New Year's day race this morning over in Rothbury at the Hillforts and Headaches annual race.

A bit of a breezy affair with a definite cold snap in the air so I was expecting to get a battering on the top.

I checked in at registration in the Newcastle Hotel and passed over 4 groats for the pleasure. A couple of miles warm up on part of the route helped loosen the legs and acclimatise to the hills somewhat.

We set off at a steady pace which was most welcome as I have a tendency to shoot off and spend all my energy early doors. I moved up the field concentrating on my own running and not worrying about other runners. I felt quite good and maintained my position after the first mile right through to the end.

It was blowing a hoolie on top but I was well chuffed with a 7th place finish winning me a bottle of ale. Now that's a proper prize! A great start to the year, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment