Saturday 18 February 2012

Royal signals road relays, Hetton

Turned up for the road relays today for a 2.3mile sprint. A long way to go for such a small effort but worth it for the club. As usual it was at the forefront of my mind for the last couple of days putting unnecessary pressure on myself! Always the same though, peer pressure and trying to be the best. When will I learn.
(Pic thanks to http://runnerwanderings.blogspot.com/)

Weather was cool and breezy but nothing to severe. I was 2nd leg in team B. 2 laps of the 1.15 mile course awaited. I went on a preliminary recce, there was 1 hill after 400m and another gentle climb near the end of the lap. This was highlighted by a club mate earlier saying I would "feel" it on lap 2. I certainly did!

Lap 1 was kind of all about getting into a rhythm. Conscious of the fact that I always go off too fast, I held back and attempted to stride out to avoid lactic acid. I made up a couple of places on lap 1 (5:12) and lost a place on the 2nd lap (5:30). The last incline hurt!! Overall I was pleased with my run, the team did well. I'll still worry about the next race, I can guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment