Tuesday 10 April 2012

North Tyneside 10k, 8th April 2012

Difficult to take any positives from this race other than the fact that even though I considered dropping out at least 10 times, I kept going.

The start was fine and was sitting comfortably up until 3 miles. Then nothing. No energy, no drive, like a switch being flicked to the "off" position.

Runners began streaming past me which was very disheartening. My aim was 36 minutes or better, I ended up with 37:51. Still a PB as I haven't run a 10k for over 2 years - but considering my 10k split time at last year's Great North Run was 37 minutes you can understand my disappointment. This also followed a 17:18 5k 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, I had a great 15.5 mile run the day after and cleared the head. Back to what I love - long runs with no pressure from anyone.

Gisborough moors fell race this Sunday and can't wait - going to enjoy it and not going just to "race".

No comments:

Post a Comment